Sunday 21 November 2010

Ignorance is bliss

We have been back for three weeks now and are just settling into a "comfortable" routine. The boys go to school and I spend the day driving the ever-resilient Volvo back and forth along the not-so-comfortable bumpy river road where the potholes are quickly merging into one large pit. On Friday I notched up five round trips and even retained all my fillings. Dan was not so fortunate - and lost a tooth.
Schooldays can be good and bad. There have been tears at lunchtime and laughter too. Each day brings a new challenge and a mountain of homework for all three of us.
This week I have attended parents' evening and my queries were met with much nodding and smiling. The teacher's responses received equal measure. So that's what they mean when they say that ignorance is bliss.
I have also opened a bank account. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment